Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I had made a trip up to 
Brooks Lake this morning at first light when Richard the campground host there told me a number of bears with cubs had been seen in the past few days.  Nothing there.  I did get to see a number of Elk at several locations but they were not staying around to visit.  With fawns in tow they were off into the woods as soon as I appeared.  Back on the hiway I slowly made my way towards Togwotee Pass when from Wind River Lake I see two Grizzly cubs tearing down the hillside.  Mama was just below and slowly they made their way up onto the road and then followed the hiway just off the south side for some distance heading for the pass it self.  I spent a good 15 minutes photographing and watching this wonderful family.  What a privileged viewing I had this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment