Monday, August 3, 2009

[5]
July 21, 2009
I return to my truck and drive another mile or so up the valley and hike for awhile enjoying the many overflows of the river that seems unwilling to keep a main channel. There is a herd of cows[domestic]that seem to enjoy my presence as they pick now to come down to the river for water. All the while bawling and calling for their calves. They soon satisfy their thirst and and move on across to the other side of the river and go back to grazing in the warming morning sun. It again becomes relatively quiet and I am alone with my thoughts and sit a while just watching the world go by. It is very pleasant and not too many mosquitos around and I even get a little lazy watching the shortening shadows across the basin floor and surrounding peaks. Ahh. the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment