Tuesday, September 1, 2009


[13]
August 20, 2009
It is a long 3+ miles back to the trailhead. I spent a good deal of time at the lake and getting sidetracked and rimrocked put me behind getting back by noon but I am back to the truck in an hour, passing a group of hikers with 2 big dogs headed for Lake Louise. I think of that fisherman back there. His day of peace will be over.
I also pass a large group of young people loaded for a long trip. They are students from the Colorado Mountain College that trains in mountaineering. These folks are headed deep into the wilderness and will be using climbing gear to access the area they are talking about .
I find only a few birds, Pine Squirrels and this little chipmunk who poses nicely for a series of photographs. I think he has stardom written all over his face. So I just have to oblige and paint him and see just how far that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment