Tuesday, June 21, 2011

[3]
Not wanting to miss the show I put down my camera in exchange for my field glasses and missed shots I should not have.
It was about this time I noticed two other animals who had joined in on the chase.  It was 2 wolves.  Mother grizzly was within feet of grabbing a calf elk when one of the wolves grabbed her on the rear hip knocking her down.  She was up in an instant and charged the offending wolf who merely sidestepped the charge.  As soon as she tried to return to the chase one of the wolves would be at her heels.  This went on for some time while the two cubs had slowly climbed the hill to rejoin her.  The elk by now had climbed the hill and come up against a buck and pole fence where they were seemingly cornered.[notice the wolf on the left side of the photograph]

No comments:

Post a Comment