Wednesday, March 25, 2009

January 24, 2009 [1]
This week the weather has been a yo-yo. We began the week with record temperatures. Monday was 61 and tuesday was 60. This morning as I write this it is 16. Yesterday morning temperatures began at 34 and was falling into the teens throughout the day with morning snow of about an inch. Went to bed with a temperature of 10 degrees but awoke with it at 28. It is now snowing and the temperature again falling. Ahh. Winter in Wyoming. As is usually the case it can be a lot warmer on this side of the divide than on the west. I heard it was a lot colder in Jackson Hole and foggy in the morning. With that in mind I took off tuesday to check things out. Sure enough when I bottomed out from Togwottee pass it is -18 and I pass several groups of elk feeding quite near the hiway. They afford me some photo opportunities just as the early morning light allows for such .

No comments:

Post a Comment