Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 7, 2009
[1]
This morning I didn't get as early a start as I wanted. The sun is rising earlier all the time and I have to do the weather recording for the U S Weather bureau around 7:00. That gets me off a little later than I would like so by the time I climb the hill out of Dubois along the Skyline road[locals refer to this road as the dump road as it passs by the town dump which was incidently named the most scenic dump in America. I don't know who came up with a contest? like that or just what the qualifications were. I must admit it is set in a very scenic spot with quite a view round about.]This road is not much more than a cow trail beyond the dump but the vistas are amazing. The change in landscapes from high desert to glacial ridges upwards to nearly 14,000 feet[Gannett Peak, Wyomings highest point]offers as scenic a drive as any where in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment